The Lewes Presbyterian Church has been a congregation since 1692 and has worshipped at its current location since 1717. It was founded by Scots-Irish settlers who came to America seeking the freedom to worship and serve God as dictated by their faith. For over 325 years our congregation has maintained an unbroken witness to the love of God in Jesus Christ. (For more about our history click here.)
We stand in the heritage of the Reformed tradition, and look to the Holy Scriptures as our primary and final authority in matters of faith and practice. The Lewes Presbyterian Church is a member congregation of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) and of the ECO Heritage Presbytery. The Church subscribes to the ECO Essential Tenets, and is governed by the ECO Polity and Rules of Discipline.
Our vision is Believing, growing and sharing the love of Christ, and our mission is to worship God in spirit and in truth, to make disciples as we study and grow in faith and faithfulness. We hope to enjoy good fellowship, to help each other in time of need and to reach our world with the good news of Jesus Christ by word and deed. We believe that all Christians are called and gifted in various ways for ministry, and we welcome you to join our community of faith as the Holy Spirit guides us on our journey together.