Every congregation is governed by its session. The session consists of the elders duly elected by and from the covenant partners (members) of the congregation, along with the congregation’s installed pastors and associate pastors. By its own rule, the congregation shall determine the number of elders, their length of service, and the ordering of the session. The minimum number shall be three active elders plus the moderator. LPC's bylaws call for a 12-elder session.
According to the ECO Polity and Discipline Manual, the Session has responsibility and authority for governing the congregation and guiding its mission for Christ in the world. In the Reformed tradition the marks of the church are the proclamation of the Word, the Sacraments rightly celebrated, and the exercise of discipline.
The Session is comprised of Elders elected by the congregation. Elders are given authority and responsibility, along with pastors, to oversee the spiritual health of the congregation as well as the congregation’s faithfulness to God’s mission. For a more complete description of the duties and responsibilities of the Session, click here to read the complete description of duties as presented in section 1.0603 The Responsibilities of the Session.
2019 Session Members with Committee Membership Assignments
- Ann Athey, Children and Youth Ministry (Chair), Congregational Fellowship and Outreach.
- Gerry Brown, Clerk of Session, Stewardship (Chair), Congregational Fellowship and Outreach (Co-Chair), Finance,
- Rob Hoeller, Building Utilization (Chair), Building and Grounds
- Sylvia Gilmore, Christian Ed-Adult (Chair), Library, Congregational Fellowship and Outreach.
- George Macintire, Cemetery and Grounds (Chair)
- Jim Miller, Finance (Chair), Congregational Fellowship and Outreach (Co-Chair), Endowment (Chair)
- Michael Salvatore, Personnel (Chair), Nominating
- T.J. Smith, Worship (Co-Chair)
- Tim Westgate, Worship (Co-Chair)
- Jeannine White, Mission (Chair), Nominating (Chair)